Do you want to extract audio from video on Mac? If yes, then you are at the right place.
There can be various instances when you want to separate audio from video. Also, you may want to extract audio from video on iPhone or Android device. Whatever the reason is, here are the various methods to extract the audio from video on different devices.
You can know how to separate the audio from video and save it on devices like iPhone, MacBook, Windows, and more.
Take a look!
Part 1. Extract Audio from Video on Mac
When you use MacBook, you definitely want a safe and secure method to extract audio from video. Depending on the video file format, you can follow the below mention steps to extract the audio from the video on Mac.
Method 1. Encode Selected Video Files as Audio
For macOS Big Sur and later versions, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Finder folder and choose one or more videos from which you want to extract audio.
- After this, right-click on selected videos.
- Tap on Encode Selected Video Files.
- Now, click on the settings, and from the drop-down menu, choose the Audio Only option.
- Finally, tap on Continue to extract audio from the selected videos.
- Your audio file will get saved automatically as the video files.
Method 2. Export as Audio Using QuickTime Player
One of the in-built methods that you can use to extract audio from video on Mac is the QuickTime Player app. It can turn videos into audio files with the following steps:
- First, you should open the video with QuickTime Player.
- After this, click on the File menu and choose Export As, then go to Audio Only.
- Now, you have to select the folder to save the resulting audio file and click “Save”.
Method 3. Detach Audio in Final Cut Pro
There may be instances when you want to cut the audio from the video tracks. In Final Cut Pro, you can easily break apart clip items and can extract audio from video.
- First, open the Final Cut Pro on your system.
- Select a clip in your project timeline from which you want to extract the audio.
- Use COMMAND+SHIFT+G to break audio from the video. If you do not want to use this shortcut, you can also right-click on the footage and select “Break Apart Clip Item.”.
- Now, you can see the audio and video on separate tracks.
- You can save the audio as an individual file on the system.
Part 2. Extract Audio from Video on iPhone and iPad
If you want to extract the audio from video on an iOS device then the following methods are for you. This will help you with the easy extraction of audio files from video clips on your iPhone and iPad.
Method 1. Separate Audio from Video iMovie
The first method to separate audio from video id by using iMovie. It is an in-built tool of Apple available for iOS users. By default, it can import audio and video into a single clip.
The best part is that you can detach the audio from one video clip and can attach it to the other. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- First, go to the App Store and install the latest version of iMovie on your iPhone or iPad.
- Once done, open the “iMovie” on your iOS device.
- Click on “Create Project” to start the video editing in the app.
- Now, select the “Movie” option to choose the type of project you want to edit.
- From the photo library, scroll down to choose the clip you want to extract the audio.
- After this, click on “Create Movie.” With this, the video you selected gets added to the iMovie timeline.
- Now, click on the video clip in your timeline and get access to the video editing tools available in the app.
- At the bottom, there is a volume slider that can mute or remove the audio from the video clip. Choose the settings accordingly.
- Tap on “Done” to save the project.
- Last, you can export your audio and can save it on your system.
Method 2. Using MP3 Converter App
Another way to extract audio from video is through the MP3 converter app. This is a complete application dedicated to converting videos to mp3 audios. Your video will remain unchanged while the application extracts the audio-only.
- First, install and open the MP3 converter app on your iOS device.
- Now, import the video from which you want to extract the audio.
- Choose the “(+)” icon present in the top right corner to add the video files.
- Now, choose one video you want to convert into audio.
- After this, click on the “Conversion Type” and then choose the “Extract Audio.”
- You can also crop the video duration from the Format options to change into audio.
- Finally, after making the settings for sound, click “Start conversion.”
- Choose the destination location where you want to save the audio file.
Part 3. Extract Audio from Video on Win 10
Sometimes, when you’re watching your favorite video, you might like the audio. And you want to extract the audio from the video. In this case, you can use these methods to extract the audio from video on Win 10:
Method 1. Extract Audio from Video Using VLC
If you use a VLC media player, then you can easily extract the video on Win 10. Follow these steps to extract audio from video using a VLC player:
- First, open the VLC media player on your PC. For this, click on the shortcut icon of “VLC” on your desktop.
- Go to “Media” from the top left corner.
- Now, under “Media,” click on the “Convert/Save” option.
- After you click on the “Convert/Save” option, you will see a new window with a dialog box.
- Now, click on the “+Add” button to add the video file that you want to convert to an audio file.
- After adding the file, click on the “Convert/Save” button present at the bottom of the page.
- Now, on the new dialog box, you see options to change the settings. So, in the settings section, you can see a profile drop-down option.
- Click on the profile option, and pull the drop-down menu to select the select “Audio – MP3”.
- After selecting the “Audio – MP3” in profile settings, click on browse to choose the destination to save the audio file on your system.
- Now, click on the “Start” button to start converting video to audio in the VLC media player.
- Finally, you can see an audio file gets saved at the destination address you choose. Now click on that file to check if it is working or not.
- But of course, it will work, and you can play audio on PC.
Method 2. EaseUS – Online Video to Audio Converter
Another way to extract audio from video is to use the online video to audio converter. You can use EaseUS as it supports more than 1000 video and audio formats. Here are the steps to use it:
- Launch this tool on your PC, and then select the “Audio Extractor” option and tap on “Choose Files.”
- Once successfully importing the video file, click the gear icon to choose the desired output audio format.
- Additionally, you can tap on the “Edit” icon to change some parameters of the output audio.
- At last, click “Extract All” to start the conversion of video into audio.
Part 4. Extract Audio from Video on Android
Want to extract audio from video on your Android phones? If yes, then there are a lot of video to MP3 apps that you can use to extract audio from video on android devices.
For example, you can use Snaptube to extract the audio from video on your Android phone.
- First, visit the official site of Snaptube and download it on your Android phone. Make sure you toggle on the unknown sources icon to install it.
- Afterward, launch the app to extract the audio from the video.
- Search for a video from which you want to separate the audio.
- Load the video on Snaptube’s media player.
- In the end, select MP3 (or any other format) to extract audio tracks from video on an Android phone.
With the above ways, you can easily extract the audio from video on Mac, Win, iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. Choose the best method that suits you to extract the audio from video. This will help you save your favorite audio file on your system with ease, and you can listen to them anytime, anywhere.