MKV, MOV, and AVI are some of the famous video file formats that many people use worldwide. All these file formats can contain any number of video clips, audio, and images, along with subtitle tracks.
Do you have an MKV/MOV/AVI file and wondering how to extract audio from these video files? If yes, then this guide is for you. Here you can learn about different ways to extract audio from MKV/MOV/AVI files.
This will help you in many ways, and you can convert your favorite video to audio. With this, you can easily save the file on your phone as audio will take less space as compared to video files. In addition to this, you can easily listen to audio any time anywhere.
Take a look!
Part 1. Online+Free | Extract Audio from MKV, MOV, or AVI Video Using VLC Clideo
VLC Clideo comes with various amazing features, and one of such features is audio editing and trimming the audio. You can use it online to extract the audio from your videos. It is user-friendly and is compatible with all formats of videos. Here are the steps you will need to follow to extract the audio online and free using VLC Clideo.
Step 1. Import or upload MKV, MOV, or AVI video on Clideo
- First, you will need to open the Clideo on your system. For this, Google searched Clideo.
- After this, click on the “ Choose File” option from the home page. Now, add the video file from which you want to extract the audio.
- There are three options to upload the files. For example, you can upload the file from Google Drive, Dropbox, and from your drive.
For example, you want to choose the file from Google Drive. For this, select the Google Drive option from the drop-down menu.
Now, choose your email ID and allow access to Clideo to select the video from your Google Drive.
If you want to select the MKV, MOV, and AVI files from Dropbox, then click on that option and log in to your Dropbox.
Step 2. Trim or Cut the Audio
- Once you have selected your MOV, MOK, or AVI file the video gets processed and it shows under the timeline in Clideo.
- Also, you will see the sound track in the timeline.
- From the right side choose whether you want to extract or delete the selected portion.
- After selecting the part, specify the start and end of the selection by dragging the yellow handles to any of the sides.
- You can also put the start and end manually in the “Cut From” section.
- Depending which option you select (extract or delete) you can add other effects accordingly.
- Also, you can select the format of audio that you want to extract from the video.
Step 3. Download Audio as MP3
- After you have selected the audio part from timeline, you can listen it and if want to extract other part go to “Back to edit”.
- Finally, when you are happy with the sound and the audio that you want to extract, download it on your system or cloud storage.
- Again there are three options to download the audio. You can download it in local drive, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
Part 2. Offline+Free | Extract Audio from MKV, MOV, or AVI File Using VLC
Are you looking for an offline method to extract audio from MOV, MKV, and AVI video files? If yes, then a VLC media player can be a great choice. This audio and video player comes with tons of features and can extract the audio as well. The best part is that you can save the audio file in any format such as MP3, OGG, and more.
Here are the steps that you will need to follow to extract the audio from MKV and other file formats in VLC.
For Window users:
Step 1: Open VLC player
- First, you will need to install the VLC player on your system. After this, open it and go to the media.
- Now, choose the “Convert/Save” option.
- Now, in the new window, you can add the video clip from which you want to extract the audio.
Step 2: Add MKV, MOV, AVI file
- Click on the “+ Add” to add the MOV or MKV video file to extract the audio.
- Now, you should click on “Convert/Save” after adding the video.
- In the next window, from the profile settings, select the MP3 option. This will extract the audio from the MOV, MKV, and AVI video to audio.
Step for macOS:
Step 1: Open VLC media player
- Download or install the VLC player on MacBook. After this, go to “File” from the top menu.
- Now, select the “ Convert/Stream” from the drop-down option.
Step 2: Upload the MOV, MKV, or AVI file
- Now, you have to upload the media file in MKV, MOV, or AVI format to extract the audio from it.
Step 3: Choose the profile to extract audio from MOV, MKV, and other files
- Finally, select the profile settings to save the audio in the desired format.
- After this, you can click on “Browse” to choose the location to save the audio file.
This is how you can extract audio from MOV, MKV, and AVI files in the VLC media player.
Extracting audio from MOV, MKV, and AVI online and offline is easy with the above steps. Now, you can separate audio from video of any format and can save that audio file on your system. So, extract audio from an AVI file and save it on your phone or cloud storage for future use.